Easy Mushroom Steak Sauce in Cast Iron on the Grill

16 May 2016

Mushroom Wine Sauce

I grilled a steak in my cast iron skillet this weekend. When I was finished grilling I couldn't just let all those delicious brown bits go to waste (that should be illegal)! So I decided to throw in a few ingredients to deglaze and make a mushroom sauce real quick. Here goes...

Note: I didn't really measure these ingredients if you add more or less of anything you should be fine! Also, I used Baby Bella mushrooms because they were on sale, you can use any mushroom you like. As for the red wine, use what you drink!

Ingredients
2 tbsp. butter
5 cloves garlic (smashed and roughly chopped)
1/2 cup red wine (white wine works too)
1 pint mushrooms (sliced)

Directions
  1. Add butter to hot cast iron skillet.
  2. Quickly add garlic and sautée for about 20-30 sec. 
  3. Add wine and deglaze the pan well.
  4. Stir in mushrooms of your choice.
  5. Serve on top of your steak.
Tips & Tricks
  • These steps will happen quick because the cast iron is so hot. You can lower the heat but still have all your ingredients ready and work fast!
  • Remember to use a wooden spoon so you don't damage your cast iron!
  • Cast iron gets super hot so be careful!
Cast Iron Mushrooms on the Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment