Smoky BBQ Chicken Pizza

04 November 2015

Smoky BBQ Chicken Pizza

This pizza is even tastier than the first one I posted, if you like BBQ that is! It's the same method as the Cheese Pizza recipe but different ingredients! Again, there are no quantities because you can add as much or as little as you want! Do you want to know the secret...

Ingredients
Pizza dough
BBQ sauce
Cooked chicken
Smoked gouda cheese
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Red onion
Cilantro
Olive oil

Directions
  1. Put about 1 tbsp. olive oil into the cast iron skillet. Take pizza dough and spread the oil around with it. Cover and let sit while you preheat the oven to 500° F.
  2. Once the oven is preheated, spread the dough on the bottom of the pan and up the edges.
  3. Bake crust for 5 minutes.
  4. Remove crust from the oven and start piling on your toppings in any order your heart desires! I did sauce, chicken, cilantro, cheese, red onion, and more cheese.
  5. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Check for that perfect pizza color!
Tips & Tricks
  • My skillet is 12 inches. If you use a 10 inch you will just have a thicker crust.
  • Use any cooked chicken breast pieces you have. I have used rotisserie chicken, frozen breaded chicken breasts, and leftover chicken breast from the night before. Anything works!
  • I use extra red onions because I love them!
  • If you put the cilantro on the top it will get crispy so I put it on the sauce and under the cheese, and I add some for color after I finish cooking it!
  • Cast iron gets extremely hot, hotter than normal baking pans, so please be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment