Simple Green Smoothie

02 November 2015

Green Smoothie

I admit I am not very good at eating my greens but I am good at drinking them! This smoothie is perfect for the beginner who doesn't like a strong veggie taste! This is a delicious, high nutrient option with no added sugar! I use a Nutribullet but you can use whatever blender you have. Add different fruits and greens as you like! Experiment!

Ingredients
Fresh baby spinach leaves
Frozen mango chunks
1/2 apple or pear
1/2 whole lemon
Water

Directions
  1. Fill Nutribullet with half spinach leaves, half fruits, and fill with water.
  2. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
  3. Pour in your favorite glass and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
  • Place heaviest ingredients at the bottom of Nutribullet so that it pushes everything down when you flip it. I put in the mango chunks, apple, lemon and spinach leaves last.
  • I normally add water to the frozen mango chunks and let them sit a while to soften. 
  • Don't forget to peel the lemon skin. You can use the skin but I don't like the bits it leaves in the smoothie.
  • You can use less spinach and more fruit to start and add more spinach when you feel comfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment