Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Feta, Tomato, and Basil

11 June 2015

Baked Stuffed Chicken wrapped in Bacon

Quick dinner with only 6 ingredients that you probably already have in the kitchen or garden! As you will see, I didn't provide any measurements and that is because I didn't measure anything! I just stuffed every corner until it was full!

I used some basil we have growing in the house. Now that summer is here, I am sure many of you will have basil and tomatoes in your gardens! Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, salad, or roasted potatoes with a dijon balsamic vinaigrette (like in the picture)! I will share the potato recipe in another post.

Ingredients
1-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Tomatoes
Feta cheese (crumbled)
Fresh basil
3 slices of bacon per chicken breast
Salt
Pepper

Directions
  1. Clean any excess fat off the chicken and make a slit in the thickest part.
  2. Season chicken well with pepper and a little salt, don't forget to season inside the slit.
  3. Stuff chicken breast with basil then tomatoes then crumbled feta cheese.
  4. Wrap bacon slices tightly around each breast to keep closed and secure with toothpick.
  5. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
  6. Serve with potatoes, rice, or salad! Remember to remove any toothpicks before serving!
Tips & Tricks
  • I use less salt when seasoning because bacon has a lot!
  • Feta is amazing so I had no hesitations stuffing my chicken to the brim with it! I used 3-4 slices of tomato and 3-4 fresh basil leaves per chicken breast, then I added a whole lot of feta! Adjust these quantities according to your personal tastes and the size of your chicken breast.
  • Remember where the toothpicks are, I used one per bacon slice to keep the ends together.
  • No need to grease the pan because the bacon releases fat.
  • My chicken released a lot of water and along with the bacon fat it was a lot of drippings. The chicken came out delicious and I just disposed of the drippings. However if you want it separated from your chicken for a more crispy finish on the bottom, I recommend baking the chicken on a rack in a baking pan/dish to catch the drippings.

No comments:

Post a Comment